IIBHL 2018-2019 DRAFT RULES
When: Sunday Sep 16 from 2:30 PM sharp to approx. 5:30 PM.
Where:IIT classroom. There will be signs posted.
- AL-FALAAH(UMAR/UZMAN)[after trading of draft positions with Al-Mu’minoon]
- AL-MU’-MINOON(ABDULLAAH/TAAHIR)[after trading of draft positions with Al-Falaah]
- The Draft will go 10 rounds for Tier 2 and 9 rounds for Tier 1 until all players are picked.
- Tier 2 will pick first and complete the first round, then Tier 1 will complete their first round. Alternating between tiers will continue until all players have been picked.
- Picks will go 1-6 then 6-1 in the first two rounds, and this snaking system will continue for all rounds.
- Each team will have 2 minutes to make its pick when their turn comes. The timer will tell you when one minute is left, and will remind you when 30 seconds are left. You must make your pick at the end of the 2 minutes or lose it.
- All teams will be provided with a Draft Grid to keep track of each team’s picks.
- A player whose dad is coaching is designated a round where he MUST be picked up by his dad, or he will be made available to other teams. This player cannot be drafted by any other team before his designated turn has come. NOTE: A player considered by the other coaches and the league Admin to be a first round pick cannot be protected by a parent but must be acquired through a trade (see Compensation).
- A team is not allowed to pick two of the goalies that tried out in the first 4 rounds.
- Some parents have requested that their sons play on the same team. They are: Ilan & Rayan Kalifa and Waseem & Nabil Kalifa. If they can be drafted on the same team, that would be best. However, if this doesn’t happen, that is fine. We are exploring this possibility as a courtesy to parents but they have all been told that we cannot promise their sons would end up on the same team.
1.Teams were allowed to trade their Draft position until Friday Sep 14 and report the trade to Khalid either by text, email or phone. Al-Falaah and Al-Mu’minoon in Tier 1 have traded their draft positions to each other.
2.There will be no trades involving players this year, except as compensation. See below.
1. If the son of a coach is considered by the other coaches and league Admin to be a first round pick, he cannot be protected by his dad. Instead, any team picking him up before his dad picks has to trade him to his dad, in exchange for compensation as determined by league Admin.