- Tier 1 - September 23, 8-10:30 pm
- Tier 2 - September 30, 8-10:30 pm
All those registered by the end of the registration period are invited to Tryouts where their skill level is assessed so they can be picked on teams. The Tryouts date will be given to players as soon as their registration form is received so that they can put aside the time to show up. Attendance at the Tryouts, once you have been invited, is mandatory. Anyone not showing up for Tryouts after being invited will be refused entry to the league and their spot will be given to someone else. No excuses will be accepted for no-shows.
Tryouts will consist of the following skill-testing drills for all players including goalies:
- Speed: The first drill is to test running speed and players will be timed as they run.
- Stickhandling: The second drill is to test ball control as players will be asked to stickhandle a ball around pylons as fast as they can while being timed.
- Shooting: Everybody will take 5 wrist shots on an empty net and players will be assessed for shooting accuracy and strength, and their ability to raise the ball.
Goalies will do two additional drills:
- Shots: Each goalie will face 5 wrist shots from a reasonable distance. They are assessed for reflexes and positioning.
- Breakaways: Each goalie will face 4 breakaways. They are assessed for reflexes, positioning and style.
Once the Tryouts are over and coaches have made notes on all the players, they will meet to pick the teams at the Draft.