ISLAMIC INSTITUTE BALL HOCKEY LEAGUE
CODE OF CONDUCT
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THIS CODE OF CONDUCT IS STRICTLY FOLLOWED BY ALL PLAYERS.
The IIBHL is a Muslim league. The following conduct is expected from everyone involved in the IIBHL:
- Sportsmanship, Sportsmanship, Sportsmanship.
- Respect for each other, the volunteers and spectators.
- Respect for the gym: use sticks with approved plastic blades (no wooden blades) and throw all trash in the garbage cans provided.
- Islamic conduct and dress code (no shorts above knees allowed).
- Meeting in the middle for a short dua before games, and meeting again after games to shake hands.
- Helping out whenever needed (setting up before games, putting away equipment, cleaning up and returning the gym after games to an acceptable state before leaving).
- Respect for prayer times: when the azan is heard, all activities must stop IMMEDIATELY and everyone should prepare for Isha prayer.
- Respect for those still praying: after Isha, DO NOT START TALKING OR PLAYING until you are given the ok to do so.
- Respect for the classrooms: no one is allowed in the classrooms or out in the hallways next to the classrooms.
The following conduct is strictly prohibited for all IIBHL players:*
- Hockey playing of any kind in the hallways or lobby outside of the gym.
- Use of the stick in a dangerous manner during games.
- Slap shots (raising your stick above the shoulder before taking a shot).
- Swearing or trash-talking before, during or after games, or anywhere on IIT premises.
- Bullying on IIT premises or electronically (text, email, social media).
- Excessive contact during a game, and any contact with someone against the wall.
- Fighting or any other aggressive behaviour.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct contrary to the spirit of brotherhood that the IIBHL promotes.
- Vandalizing/defacing/damaging the building in any way.
- Any other anti-Islamic behaviour.
*The above violations will be dealt with severely and will entail disciplinary action ranging from suspension and/or ejection from the league to legal action.